In 2003, the Forensic Lab section of the RCMP had introduced a new Management System (LIMS) and required advanced business reporting and development services. Over the past fifteen years, the system has been updated, extending its original scope. Mr. MacNeill:
- Analyzed and customized existing systems designed by staff in preparation for migration to an Infragistics DotNet development environment, supporting programs as they worked with databases in migration
- Designed reports using Cognos v11 Report Studio in the new RCMP BI environment
- Analyzed requirements and produced Microsoft Word templates integrated into LIMS for use in court. This involved working with the key program managers in the Forensic laboratories and the LIMS implementation group.
- Analyzed and provided recommendations of use of SQL Server Analysis Services, meeting with development staff and IT infrastructure in 2006.
- Designed reports for JusticeTrax LIMS, using SQL Server and Crystal Reports
- Provided developer expertise in mentoring with existing development group in forensic group
- Analyzed and developed Blood Alcohol Calculator web tool in use by police agencies across country from internal business requirements
- Trained user and developer groups in methods for querying data and producing reports